12.7.09

when, if not now?

Staring down another week of work. Sunday night is easier to ignore than it once was. Numbness may explain this phenomenon. The numbness of compounded years of repeated tedium, plus the numbness that two half fingers of scotch affords, that's one whole finger if you're counting. I'm celebrating because the late-season cold that I've been battling has abated in an entirely unexpected fashion. Must have been all that elderberry extract that I've been guzzling. Hopefully the scotch doesn't negate its benefit.

Fruitflies (i.e. Drosophila melanogaster) are driving me crazy. They fester around strawberry hulls, banana peels and glasses of scotch.

This blog is supposed to be about writing and words, but look at what I'm doing here. I'm blathering about nothing in particular because I'm under the influence. I am so ashamed of my need for lexical exhibitionism. I wish I could control the impulse. Alas, I am weak.

Re: writing and words - I thought I was close to beginning something of substance, but all I do is think about it distantly, as though I am afraid to approach the subject. There, I said it.

I will regret this recklessness tomorrow morning at six o'clock. My guarded existence is shaking a finger at me right now, but I choose to pretend that I don't notice. It will have me in its fierce grip soon enough, as I hurtle down the highway toward the numbness that keeps me safe.

2 comments:

  1. I can tell that you need some comments and I'm here, like a finger of scotch, to give you one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh 42 pounds less than we do.

    (And realistically, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Click on this link to discover if this short questionnaire can help you unlock your real weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete